Saturday, April 30, 2016

estranger




hello estranged blog that i may be turning to for some sort of anti-textual solace that i miss since seemingly slipping into the real world and having to deal with all the reality that comes with commercially concerned analysis.   I think i've been suffering from analysis paralysis induced by a long stint of operating with a purely commercial perspective and have seemingly forgotten about the very freedom that photography afforded me.  basically, i feel my passion for the irrelevant to be in jeopardy and that has presented some serious dissonance because if i can't find mutuality in photography's commercial and pleasurable aspects than I can't do both so perhaps this return to my log of estrangement is an attempt to claw back balance in my overly detuned mind.   I've been thinking a lot, ever since accepting that a dream is only relevant for the journey because once you've achieved it you will find normality.  I know that arming myself with only only introspection for subject matter is a self-prescribed curse that I should really move on from....   Consideration of the future has been my main subject matter but it stresses me out because 'living' in a world that is yet to realise itself is distressing and seemingly futile bt I figure the slow death of blogger will facilitate me in this pseudo-self-resurrection. 

a few months ago i bought a little underwater / shockproof camera, it's so epic!!  I figure the phone camera scenario will engulf cameras such as these in the next few years but for now i'm revelling in all the pocket-cam glory i can handle....  all bar the last two were shot in Lombok, the last two Hawaii.







PA250472

there is much to be said about the tranquility in submersion but i feel comfortable drawing parallels to the sense of tranquility i find while downhill skating, it's a sense of calm existing in an environment of stress and although notions of submersion can insight calm in people the ocean can insight an equally anxious response.... sharks and drowning etc..








PA250434









PA250442


i shot this little suspension feeder (Crinoid Feather Star) utilising the microscopy potential of my aforementioned camera and i was blown away upon seeing each individual tube foot. 







PA250445








P2180906


uncle chases dinner out by Point Panic on Oahu's South Shore. 






P2230165

In Hawaii the use of stranger's backyards in order to scope waterfalls is seemingly a casual affair but perhaps because the overriding respect amongst Hawaiians lends itself to trusting the strangers filing through your yard.







 








No comments:

Post a Comment