Tuesday, July 20, 2010

now seems like as good a time as any to rant like i'm bound only by the stamina of my fingers

AS my ever evolving passion for photography ever evolves, i feel like my grasp on the idea of professionalism is getting looser and looser. The combination of the current over saturation of crappy photo makers, the idiology that digital requires no skill and that the mere act of exposing film makes the photograph instantly 'better' (in my opinion they play an equally important role within the industry) and my complete lack of discipline to shoot only one style/genre/subject all compile into a brain hurtingly real realisation that i really have no idea where i am or wanting to go with this and whether i've got the talent to make this into a profession (being that i can live solely off photography).



Thankfully my ideals of professionalism rests solely on me being able to eat and sleep, preferably under a roof (travel would be nice too) as i'm certain that, as long as i've got a tool to shoot with, i'll be content with living. I like the place i'm in at the moment, being able to shoot some sick gigs for free (thanks
Bats mag and Wandered & Vagabonds) which i have massive appreciation of. Sure, getting paid would be excellent but beggars can't be choosers and it makes the odd occasion i do score cash money extra sweet! Besides, the kind of photography i find myself doing at the moment is not what i want to do as a job, although i am certain i'll be shooting bands for the rest of my life, due to music being my biggest passion outside of photomaking.



If you've read this far, you're probably thinking 'is there any point to this rant?' to which i'm in the same boat. I think what it all boils down to is the age old fact that is regarding the terrible state of nightlife coverage and that i'm feeling very restless today. At least i'm not bored anymore :D



shot a little bit of skate last week, photos soon


DSC_4749



No comments:

Post a Comment