Thursday, May 24, 2012

taking back gigs





my life is a tireless struggle against the undersized hard drive of my laptop, the never ending input of data and the minimal output of data results in easily foreseeable tears.  Photos aren't too bad anymore, at one point I was struggling so much that I found myself shooting jpeg just to save space (and force myself, through an unbiased administration of glory/tears, to shoot better photos by thinking more) but now I've got a pretty good grasp on it, however it's videos that are the killer...  I shoot one little clip for wigvid purposes and I find myself having to spend 30 minutes with my external in an aggressive jostle for spare bytes.  Thankfully tonight I was driven to the end, I've been juggling my gigs for about a week and a half now, between 245mb and 3gb and I shot some skate video this afternoon for which my laptop had no time for..  I went deep, deep enough to find that final cut had nesteled away a cool 85bg of backed up videos, renders and backups from miscellaneous videos that I've made in the past, somehow the whole 'assign scratch disk' thing was ignored by jacob when he installed it so I've not known any better, until know..  I feel like we're friends again, it's nice.. It also means I've got room to make more videos!!! wooooooooo










Mt. Keira Jungle, colourplus 200




53110034














paris in the spring!  thankfully the weather got a whole lot nicer than this but even still, beautiful. portra 400, 35mm



53100011












metro. portra 400, 35mm



53120036












senor pyle redefining everything i aspire to




53090033













Joshee getting slacked in Forster




_MG_3006













Mt Intrigue road


_MG_3093













skatevoyage's last day




_MG_6809













chamaryleon



BD5C6083










cheese is a kind of meat











No comments:

Post a Comment