Thursday, September 5, 2013

the healing zone.



foreword:  i've a mondo blog in the oven, but i am about to board a flight (home yay!!) and can't compile it in time/restless and want to do stuff... so here is an excerpt.






'during cathlamet i was lurking about the track and i found these 2 epic trees, really really epic trees.  I went over and to have a little sneak and found immediate majesty in both the individual glory of each tree but the way the became one as soon as the branch mass began, it looked more like a single tree had thrown a second trunk down.   I lay down, looked up and revelled in the unforeseen comfort being laid upon me by soothing bird chirps, the shade and the feeling of having no need to leave this den of ultimate tranq.   After about 5 minutes of tree vibes I heard/felt something zoom past my shut eyes, I sat up and scanned the scenario..  I was intrigued, as usual, but my intrigue was short lived as moments later a swallow (of about 8cms) almost collided with my head.. or, as i found out later, was busily involved in their generally playful darting/enjoying the aerobatic agility that they're blessed with.  i watched this swallow do a figure eight around the trees, zoom by me and off it went yonder, I lay down once again..  within 5 minutes there were 4 swallows drawing figure eights, getting lower and lower/closer and closer to where i was lying, all the while wirling the vibes of both tree and swallow around me. i tried to photograph one/any of them, it was easily the most challenging photo i've ever tried to capture and the few frames that i managed to put a swallow in were not really photos, just mushy pixels trying to capture something that's physical existence was merely worth noting..  I was under no external influence, maybe a shotgun as i probably sat in the front on the way to town... it was epic.'







RAD_8478









enjoying the race with my buddy Kyle.


RAD_8811











RAD_8485


























No comments:

Post a Comment