Thursday, December 15, 2011

aggressively intrigued



Skateboarding has effectively become the activity I enjoy in life the most, enjoyment in this sense referring to getting frazzled by voluntary involvement in danger and in return receiving the reward of stoke, the greatest reward there is.   It's not just the stoke, or the adrenaline, it's everything about it.  I work with longboards, in retail and in photos.  My friends all skate, long, short and wig boards alike.. often in the same session and it's ideal... We're all here to sample the flavours available so any ideas of craft exclusivity were thrown out the window when we were thrown outta the womb.  Above all of this the crew I've met have all been fantastic people!!  With longboarding I've been pretty darn lucky.... Through involvement with Heelside mag (5 of my shots were ran in the Dec issue, 3 in the yearly calendar and I shot an entire feature:  not trying to give myself a digital blowjob but i'm frothing still....furiously) and I'm stoked, I received my copy a few days and the fire is still partying in my belly.  I got very lucky, once again, through a video that I made with my good pal and all-time shredsman Chad, in that both He and I were picked up by Early to shoot/video/skate into the future.  The sport is new but so am I and Ideally I'll be lucky enough to grow as a photog/skater/fellow alongside the crew that are pushing this sport in the right direction as all of the ones I have met so far have been glory men!!!








Some of the Early team.

_MG_8509












IMG_9981











IMG_5089







my friends and I have started construction on our own indoor skatepark, we've got more (free) wood than we can handle a 50m2 fridge to fill with glory hahaha, what is real.  Luckily between us we've an engineer, a tradesmen and a whole lot of stoke and keenness. 


IMG_5049








IMG_5052







IMG_5081











DSC_8124








9mins well spent






No comments:

Post a Comment