Wednesday, February 8, 2012

all time intrigue




The last three days has imposed some pretty serious thinking on my part, trekking three days through the lower reaches of the Bolivian Andes (Maragua and Potolo we stopped in, the rest was just general mountain)  I think we covered about 40-50k and the entire time I was in awe, not even the agonising strain on my body could send me away from the visual delicacies on hand.  Thankfully the altitude was only 2500m so the air wasn't unreasonably thing but it still played a part, I've never voluntarily hiked like this before (or hiked like this before full stop) but I'm so keen on doing it for the rest of my life.  Infact, after this sample of intrigue, Will and I have decided to ascend a 6100m mountain in Northern Bolivia, it snows all year round and theres effectively no chance of a view but I've developed a need to climb this thing and I'm pretty excited.  Next time i'll refresh my mp3 player though and preach supreme levels of snacktion! 


The trek was so ideal, I've never had so much time to think, obviously i have, but it was different this time around as the thoughts had to be great, as low spirits would have sent me away, so stoke was the order of the days and it allowed me to comprehend my predicament at hand involving a very very lovely lady and our year long geographical disparity.  Accompanying this I've been reading a book that the godman Tom Pyle gave me called Prometheus Rising, the combination of the two has allowed me to begin to fully comprehend whats going on in my head, it's fantastic!  Logic has never been so logical, as have the things I normally find illogical!  


Reuben and I started shooting some stuff for the clip, fillers mostly so timelapses etc...   I got some film developed here too which is always enjoyable, once again I should shoot more film but I need cash money and the d90 is doing me well.  I've also gotta get over to Peru and skate some real mountains and save as much as I can as I'll need all of it this year as it's gotta be my best one yet, even though the mental odds are stacked against me, but I have faith in my wig and it's ability to concur tears!  

I accidentally shot a 2000 photo timelapse yesterday, either it will be glory or I've wasted  30-100 fps...  I'm waiting for it to resize so i can resize some piccies from the trek to upload to here but I can't so its either siesta or author more nonsense and I think nonsense is the powerplay, I've just been overwhelmed by stoke!  I think the best bit about Maeve being away is that I really notice how stoked i get sometimes, I'm a pretty stoked fellow (as per my over usage of 'stoke' in these sentences) but when I'm down and then realise i'm stoked it's all time enjoyment, involuntary sending for the inevitable bring back!!


I wrote this last night so its a little out of date, such as the timelapse and this one.

These photos go against my desire to keep my posting chronological but i don't really mind, these are the ones i've liked so far in no particular order of the trip or the level of my liking, the photos from the very first morning are probably my favourite but i'm yet to look at them so i hope you enjoy this sample in the meantime.




Team Trek!


DSC_1289











DSC_1316










Quechuan way of life



DSC_1819











DSC_1801












DSC_1871











DSC_1487










DSC_1731










DSC_1814











DSC_3942











DSC_1612












DSC_3940











DSC_3988



















1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually one thing that I feel I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very vast for me. I am taking a look forward to your next publish, I will try to get the grasp of it!
    Sealed Power 288P60 Cast Piston

    ReplyDelete