Friday, February 15, 2013

mean times bru!




in complete contrast to the potentially derogatory title, I am finding New Zealand to be extremely nice, to which I would compare a combination of Brisbane and Melbourne (street aesthetic of Melbourne but general layout/busyness of Bris) except better than both individually/combined.  It's so chilled plus EPIC inner-city skate potential but mainly it's the people and I guess thus the gloriously relaxed vibes.  Everything is relatively cheap, apart from fuel which is $2+ year round.. 

I hadn't organised anything for when I was landed in NZ, mainly because I was unsure of my flight so I kept it spontaneous.  Luckily I got onto the first one and was into Auckland pronto..  To my delight, as I walked out the gauntlet of people waiting for other people, I ran into Bob, who was waiting for Gabe, who was landing from Sydney but at the exact same time as me.  I was stoked!  Doubly stoked by the news we'd be staying at Sam Dalton's house, an epic NZ grom who is more my age than I am.   
Since the rendezvous we've been lurking around Ponsonby for the last 1.5 days, skating, eating, preparing for the trip, generally relaxing but mainly partaking in the most epic skatepark plus yesterday Api landed and today we got to hook up with the Chad so the crew is accruing and the final accrusition will be at 7:30 tomorrow when the tour properly starts.

I've not shot much at all over these 2 days, about 25% of that has been digital, but I'm not at all bugged as I know the mindset will come when I leave this city because, although shooting cities can be fun (for the most part i dont think so) I have a much better time out on the road..   We head 4 hours north tomorrow to an epic surfy sport and I've heard we'll be at it for a few days, which sounded strange to me but I keep forgetting we're on this bus for 2 weeks.  

I'm excited for this trip as I really want to take sick shots, not sick shots in the sense of going nice places and getting sick visuals but I want to explore more, I want to take my thinking to level 2. I feel like my photo-mind has been stagnating somewhat and the mind is more important than anything else to my phototaking.  I've got a luda film body that I borrowed off a pal as well as a decent stash of film so that is also exciting.  

once again, film (and it's delayed gratification) related apologies







bobbie lurking at the Museum


RAD_4512








dachad


RAD_4475









gabe



RAD_4478








bobby K

RAD_4470













here's a suprise fot from Big Sur.  It's obviously unrelated but this is my apology to you for the previous bunch of photo's lack of excitement.  This is an exercise in reclaiming my blog for it's diaristic values




lamby008









and in other sick news, I was selected as a finalist for the Lord Mayor photo competition which I am quite stoked about, this is the shot below. 


IMG_1703







my heads been battling this song for my thoughts for too long now








No comments:

Post a Comment