Sunday, February 17, 2013

there'll be time





im struggling to start writing this rant, not because i've got a busy brain, its because i've got stoke block.  Today we skated the same hill that we did yesterday.  It's a hill i figured i could happily move on from after 1 day but after 2 day of runs I was still down for more, we shared about 14.  I shot two runs today, yesterday I shot 3 and i'm getting excited for fots!!  i just can keep on framing the wrong side of the road...



I dont know if i've already properly outlined what I'm doing in New Zealand so to get myself out of the explanatory demise i've just recently doomed myself with i'll tell you right now.   There's this rad dude called Speedy (not for skating) who likes hills, skating them, crew and frothing them..  he also knows how to ferry people across a country skating hills and provide maximum glory.  He's so motivated by stoke that he preached pure glory and ended up with a tour called n-tenze d-centz which allowed him to rent a luxury van to accomodate for 11 of us.  We're cruising around the north island for 2 weeks lurking and skating.  

I'm here for glory! namely stoking, skating and foting.  The amount of runs that go down is so exorbitant that I can shoot what I want and still get runs.  Today I got 12 on a 4.5 minute run and I'm struggling to deal with the stoke.  It's like being at the snow but not in the sense of it being great, in the sense of it being the best thing i've ever done before.


Tomorrow morning we skate the same hill again YEEEOWOOW and then we head to a place called Testicle Facility and it's apparently freeride heaven.  From what i've heard from the guys who did this last year, we're hopping from heaven to heaven (and a little bit of hell.)  Hell yes, we're going to Mordor, the real Mordor, the place where i'll ascend to the pit of fire and use it to warm my bottom while i fot skaybod.


The crew is tight and it's about 85% of stoke causation.  Matt Kienzle, The Chad, Gabe Gwynne, Gavin Rutherford, Adam Yates, Api Ihaia, Craig Bond, Speedy, Jordan Hau, Cam Kite and myself.   I'm comfy, NZ is really really rad!!  I'm going to get this done since Yates is farting furiously and it's combining with the drowsiness to make bed my only option











yatedawg

RAD_4745













RAD_4682











a corner on the hill 1.  we shot plenty of gopro, it'll be on here soon.


RAD_5095











RAD_4723












mobbing, we had a tailwind today.


RAD_4710











this is speedy


RAD_5049















RAD_4629













RAD_4631











gopro backwards 1









RAD_5072










RAD_4752











RAD_4754











RAD_4763










RAD_4773











RAD_5104











api! the only nzer on the trip




RAD_4830












ive skated to this song more than i have any other song combined, gimme max tranq mobbing.





No comments:

Post a Comment