Sunday, March 10, 2013

big plans with no execution



I've realised that I'm a sucker for exciting things and I tend to base my entire life around pursuing exciting things, often in the sense of activities but, for the purposes of this rant, in the way that I wish to present my photos.  Last year I travelled to a few places and have, for the most part, kept the photos to myself.  I can attribute multiple reasons for this, the main one being that I wanted to get something 'more' out of them and to present them in a more exciting medium than this here blog but thanks to some regulation hindsight I've again realised that is a silly idea because that's not why I took the photos in the first place, If i was all 'yeah ima fot that bridge and im going to sell it this dude' than, maybe, I'd have reason to keep these photos hostage.  The images I am, for the most part, referring to are ones that I made on my april skate races trip, Paris trip, Euro road trip and they're especially tricky because of their emotional weight and for that reason, my general lack of desire to look through them and pattern laziness that regulates lamb's productivity, has resulted in the siege between my double-click and the folders that house the photos.

Living in the now is epic, it's what i want to do for ever and thats how i like to take photos but preaching this style of preach does not get handsy with a dollar-based future in making pictures.   I've had some extreme luck in regards to skayboding and now that I'm gaining insight into what goes into being a real pro dude that can convert photos into food I'm gaining a greater sense of refreshment....  It's refreshing because I've realised how tiny the percentage of sellable photos is to other photos and it massages my delight because I know that robbing a photo of it's exclusivity will rarely ever prove to be a problem, especially for me because the photos I take are usually of pretty things that I want other people to see enjoy too and not for other people to buy.  

The only problem on my hands now is time and I obviously can't complain about time as it makes up everything that is, so here i am stuck complaining about my efficiency and thus found myself, once again, in a disorienting state of infinite regress as my i'm complaining about a problem that, by complaining about, am only making worse.  My new header photo is attached to this last paragraph.

I thought i'd mark this intriguing situation with some photos from Paris.  Also, being less caught up about everything is something I'm welcoming back into my life.    Reckless Lamb silica'd his lacrimal glands.


the following photos were made on kodak ektachrome 100vs, fuji pro160s and kodak colourplus 200







notre dame, i did my best to hide the scaffolding.. turns out the building is also a little hunchbacked



53120003









City Based Desire.

53910020











53910033











53120028











53100027










53100004










53100034












No comments:

Post a Comment