Saturday, August 20, 2011

its a forgetoff




my day started with so many qualms!!  It first started when I was cooking my toast.  I was on the third rotation, to increase crunch consistency,  when somehow I burnt the edge of one piece.  'Ahhh teeeearrrss!' I yelled, or something to that effect, I think it may have been 'dear qualm based preach send yourself and return me some glory.'  I knew from that point on I would have a glorious day because I'd obviously had my daily dose of qualms with the bread incident but when I came up to my computer (where I sit now) to consume my breakfast beverage (iced coffee [real stuff]) I was met with a terrifying decision.  

You see I'm already late for work but I want to consume this beverage in a reclining-on-a-directors-chair sort of pace, which is fine, but what do I do now?!!?  I can't watch much apart from something on youtube that will permit me new levels of stoke but I want to be productive.  But just now (real-time recounts are confusing and hard to write) I took a final sip out of my beverage and I've realised that I don't have to consider pros and cons or even consider dealing in the quamful question 'what do i do now?' and can happily forget this morning of tears (i ended up listening to a glorious 5 song playlist) and go to work to indulge the fruits of a 7 year power-play that is my job.  On a side note, I'm furiously restless and I'm over-indulged.  

I saw Dylan Moran (one of the greatest things i've ever spent money on) and I came out of it realising that I'm far too comfortable (after he ridiculed 20 years olds for being too comfortable) and I realised I probably skateboard down mountains fast because without it I'd be in a constant state of unwilling emasculation and inevitably lose the taste of stoke and become a shithead.  Moving home has taken all of the problems out of my life, which to be honest weren't really problems because I have the un/fortunate ability to completely forget anything on demand but its good/bad to know that things could go wrong.   I want to make an individual travel maneuver to Argentina and drive it top to bottom on a motobike with only my f90 and a 3 primes and a backpack for a 4 day clothing rotation....


Argentina on a motorbike is a direct progression from my last holiday which involved my brother and I taking our scooters to the limit and indulging in controversially quick countryside coverage mode.  It's hard to take photos when you're aerodynamically crouching on a moped at miscellaneously high speeds but I'm happy with some of them.






I'm undecided on this one and when I say one I mean two because I took the same photos twice, one with motion blur and this one below, which i prefer because it's about the place, not the speed (because we're on scooters...)






_DSC3129










although instead of international travel I could drive to this location and skate its 54 corners, all of which are like these below..

IMG_9603












IMG_9565











IMG_9631














4 comments:

  1. http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/samerica/argentina/argentina_rental.html

    it's time. no triumphs though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25s and over :( :( :( i cant wait 4 years for this !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gahhh, that's riot worthy.

    actually, change of plan?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/andreandcamera/1017112753/in/faves-61112655@N05/lightbox/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt want to travel to skateboard but holy crap look at those switchbacks. im sweating stoke already

    ReplyDelete